Number of Constructed Sanitation Facilities
INDICATOR PHRASING: number of improved sanitation facilities that were constructed as a result of the project’s support
What is its purpose?
The indicator measures the total number of (any type of) improved sanitation facilities that were constructed as a result of the project support (e.g. sanitation promotion activities, support to sanitation marketing activities, provision of construction materials, construction managed by Tearfund’s partners, etc.).
How to Collect and Analyse the Required Data
Determine the indicator's value by using the following methodology:
1) Conduct interviews with the project staff and review relevant documentation (e.g. various contracts, technical documentation, distribution lists, photos, monitoring reports, etc.) to get confirmation of how many and what types of improved sanitation facilities were constructed. Improved sanitation facilities include: pit latrine with slab, ventilated improved pit latrine, flush/ pour toilet connected to a sewer system or a septic tank, and composting toilet.
2) If possible, visit (a representative sample of) randomly selected constructed facilities to verify whether they were constructed and can be used.
3) To calculate the indicator’s value, count the number of sanitation facilities that:
- Were constructed thanks to the project’s support
- At the time of the visit could be used
Disaggregate the data by the type of improved sanitation facilities that were constructed.