Determine the indicator's value by using the following methodology:
1) Conduct interviews with the project staff and review relevant documentation (e.g. various contracts, technical documentation, distribution lists, photos, monitoring reports, etc.) to get confirmation of how many and what types of improved sanitation facilities were constructed. Improved sanitation facilities include: pit latrine with slab, ventilated improved pit latrine, flush/ pour toilet connected to a sewer system or a septic tank, and composting toilet.
2) If possible, visit (a representative sample of) randomly selected constructed facilities to verify whether they were constructed and can be used.
3) To calculate the indicator’s value, count the number of sanitation facilities that:
- Were constructed thanks to the project’s support
- At the time of the visit could be used