Collect the following data by conducting individual interviews with a representative sample of your target group members:
RECOMMENDED SURVEY QUESTIONS (Q) AND POSSIBLE ANSWERS (A)
Q1: Do you know any person or company that offers [specify the service / product]?
A1: yes / no
(ask only if the previous answer is YES)
Q2: How can you contact the person/ company?
A2 Select one of the following:
1) yes, the person knows exactly how to contact the service provider / seller
2) no, the person does not know exactly how to contact the service provider / seller
To calculate the indicator's value:
- Divide the number of respondents who knew how to access the given service / product by the total number of respondents
- Multiply the resulting number by 100 to convert it to a percentage
- Multiply the percentage by the total number of the target group members
- The resulting number is the “number of target group members who know how to access the promoted service/product”
See example: 170 respondents knowing how to access the given service / product divided by a total of 340 interviewed respondents equals 0.5. This multiplied by 100 equals 50%. If the total number of the target group members is 6,000, then 50% out of 6,000 people equals to 3,000 target group members knowing how to access the given service / product.