Access to Services/Products
English: number of target group members who know how to access the promoted service/product
Français: to be added later
Español: to be added later
Português: to be added later
What is its purpose?
The indicator measures respondents' awareness of where they can purchase (or freely access) a service or product that is crucial for their livelihoods, such as veterinary services, agronomic advice or tools, vegetables seeds, spare parts for water pumps, etc.
How to Collect and Analyse the Required Data
Collect the following data by conducting individual interviews with a representative sample of your target group members:
RECOMMENDED SURVEY QUESTIONS (Q) AND POSSIBLE ANSWERS (A)
Q1: Do you know any person or company that offers [specify the service / product]?
A1: yes / no
(ask only if the previous answer is YES)
Q2: How can you contact the person/ company?
1) yes, the person knows exactly how to contact the service provider / seller
2) no, the person does not know exactly how to contact the service provider / seller
To calculate the indicator's value:
- Divide the number of respondents who knew how to access the given service / product by the total number of respondents
- Multiply the resulting number by 100 to convert it to a percentage
- Multiply the percentage by the total number of the target group members
- The resulting number is the “number of target group members who know how to access the promoted service/product”
See example: 170 respondents knowing how to access the given service / product divided by a total of 340 interviewed respondents equals 0.5. This multiplied by 100 equals 50%. If the total number of the target group members is 6,000, then 50% out of 6,000 people equals to 3,000 target group members knowing how to access the given service / product.
Disaggregate the data by the respondents’ gender, location and wealth category.
1) Consider verifying whether the person really has the ability to contact the service provider / seller or just says that s/he is able to do so (for example, you can ask for the phone number or the exact location).