Awareness of How to Access a Promoted Product / Service
INDICATOR PHRASING: number of target group members who know how to access the promoted product / service
What is its purpose?
The indicator measures the extent to which the target group members are aware of where they can access a certain product / service that can help them to improve their livelihoods, such as seeds, veterinary services, fair loans or solar panels.
How to Collect and Analyse the Required Data
Collect the following data by conducting individual interviews with a representative sample of your target group members:
RECOMMENDED SURVEY QUESTIONS (Q) AND POSSIBLE ANSWERS (A)
In cases where you ask about a PRODUCT:
Q1: Do you know of any place where you can buy [specify the product; if possible also show a photo of it to avoid misunderstanding]?
A1: yes / no
(ask the following question only if the previous answer is YES)
Q2: Where exactly is that place?
1) yes, the person can name a specific shop / market stall
2) no, the person cannot name a specific shop / market stall
In cases where you ask about a SERVICE:
Q1: Do you know of any person or company that [specify the service]?
A1: yes / no
(ask only if the previous answer is YES)
Q2: How can you contact the person/ company?
1) Yes, the person knows exactly how to contact the service provider
2) No, the person does not know exactly how to contact the service provider
To calculate the indicator's value, divide the number of respondents who knew where to locally purchase the given product / access the given service (i.e. answers to both Q1 and Q2 were YES) by the total number of respondents. Multiply the result by 100 to convert it to a percentage.
Disaggregate the data by gender and location.
1) When a person says that s/he knows where a product is sold, ensure that the data collector always verifies whether s/he really has a specific shop or seller in mind (as opposed to just knowing that the product is, for example, sold somewhere in a provincial town or somewhere at a district market). The same applies when a person says that s/he used a certain service.