Awareness of Environmentally-Friendly Energy Technology
INDICATOR PHRASING: number of target group members aware of the promoted environmentally-friendly technology
What is its purpose?
The indicator assesses the proportion of the target group members aware of the promoted environmentally-friendly technology / product, such as certain models of solar lamp, fuel-efficient stoves, composters, etc. It helps you understand the effectiveness and reach of any promotion activities.
How to Collect and Analyse the Required Data
Collect the following data by conducting individual interviews with a representative sample of your target group members:
RECOMMENDED SURVEY QUESTIONS (Q) AND POSSIBLE ANSWERS (A)
The phrasing of the question depends on what you are asking about, for example:
Q1: Have you ever seen or heard about this [name and show the technology or its photo]?
A1: yes / no
(ask the following question only if the previous answer is YES; the question is used to verify whether the person is really aware of the technology / product)
Q2: Can you please tell me how you heard about the [specify the product / service]? or Can you please tell me what you know about this product?
1) yes, the respondent is aware of the [specify the product / service]
2) no, the respondent is not very aware of the [specify the product / service]
To calculate the indicator’s value:
- Divide the number of surveyed respondents who were aware of the promoted technology by the total number of interviewed respondents
- Multiply the resulting number by 100 to convert it to a percentage
- Multiply the percentage by the total number of the target group members
- The result is the total number of the target group members aware of the promoted technology
Disaggregate the data by gender.
1) Coordinating the collection of this data with any promotion campaigns or initiatives will help you assess their effectiveness.
2) Consider also collecting and analysing data on where people saw / from whom people heard about the technology.