Number of Beneficiaries
English: number of people directly supported through shelter / NFI programming
Français: to be added later
Español: to be added later
Português: to be added later
What is its purpose?
The indicator measures the actual number of people who were reached by the project’s shelter / NFI programming (i.e. the direct beneficiaries). This indicator is used by Tearfund in all sectors for measuring the scale of provided assistance.
How to Collect and Analyse the Required Data
Determine the indicator’s value by reviewing the following sources:
- Regular project reports (e.g. reports to a donor)
- Financial / administrative documents (e.g. distribution lists, handover documents, proofs of payment, attendance sheets, confirmations from relevant authorities, etc.).
- Monitoring data (e.g. results of post-distribution monitoring).
- Community level beneficiary list.
Do not automatically use the originally planned number of direct beneficiaries – use the number of people who were actually reached by the project’s shelter/NFI-related support in the course of the project.
Disaggregate the data by gender.
1) Ensure that you avoid double counting – always count the same people only once irrespective of how many types of shelter / NFI support they received.
2) Do not include in the calculation the number of indirect beneficiaries – focus only on those people who directly received support as a result of the project activities (i.e. who would not receive it without the project’s support).