Performance of Feedback and Response Mechanism
INDICATOR PHRASING: % of feedbacks received through the feedback and response mechanism responded to in line with the required procedures
What is its purpose?
The indicator measures how effectively the feedback and response mechanism (FRM) responds to the feedback made by the affected population.
How to Collect and Analyse the Required Data
Determine the indicator's value by using the following methodology:
1) Use the official guidance of your organization / project’s FRM to list the main requirements for an adequate response to the feedback provided by the affected population (for example, when and how the response needs to be provided).
2) Out of all the feedback received, assess how many were responded to in line with the required procedures (by reviewing relevant documentation, conducting interviews, etc.).
3) To calculate the indicator’s value, divide the number of responses provided in line with the required procedures by the total number of received feedback (include only those feedback relevant to FRM’s responsibilities). Multiply the result by 100 to convert it to a percentage.
to be added later
1) Receiving a response may not result in beneficiary satisfaction, and this should be differentiated. Consider therefore complementing this indicator’s data with another indicator “% of FRM users who were satisfied with the response they received”.
2) Responses to feedback may be made on an individual basis, but may also be in the form of mass information campaigns or messaging through the community leadership if, for example, a large number of feedback is received for the same service delivery topic.