Use of Cash / In-Kind Shelter Assistance
INDICATOR PHRASING: % of households which used the provided cash / materials for shelter (re)construction
What is its purpose?
The indicator measures the number of households that used the provided cash or construction materials for the intended purpose – (re)constructing their shelters.
How to Collect and Analyse the Required Data
Determine the indicator’s value by using the following methodology:
1) Define when a household can still be considered as “using the cash / materials for shelter (re)construction” – at a minimum, it should mean that a very high percentage of the provided cash / materials was used for (re)constructing the shelter (it is not recommended to set 100% as a target, as this might not be realistic).
2) Conduct observations and interviews with the representatives of a representative sample of the supported households, collecting the following data:
RECOMMENDED SURVEY QUESTION (Q) AND POSSIBLE ANSWERS (A)
Q1: In the past [specify the timeframe], did you receive from [specify the organization] any [specify: cash / construction materials]?
A1: yes / no / does not know
Q2: Can you please tell me all the different ways in which you used this assistance? Please also tell me how much of the assistance was used for the given purpose.
A2 Select one of the following:
1) at least [specify %] was used for shelter (re)construction
2) less than [specify %] was used for shelter (re)construction
(ask the following question only if at least the minimum % of the assistance was used for shelter (re)construction
Q3: Can you please show me how you used the assistance in your shelter?
1) it is likely that at least [specify %] was used for shelter (re)construction
2) it is NOT likely that at least [specify %] was used for shelter (re)construction
If in step 1 you added any further requirements regarding the (re)construction, include additional questions and/or guidance for observations.
To calculate the indicator’s value, divide the number of respondents whose household used the minimum percentage of the provided assistance for shelter (re)construction by the total number of surveyed households who received assistance. Multiply the result by 100 to convert it to a percentage.
to be added later
to be added later