Actual Number of Beneficiaries
English: number of people directly supported through protection programming
Français: to be added later
Español: to be added later
Português: to be added later
What is its purpose?
The indicator measures the actual number of people who were supported by the project’s protection programming (i.e. the direct beneficiaries). This indicator shows the scale of the provided assistance.
How to Collect and Analyse the Required Data
Determine the indicator’s value by reviewing the following sources:
- regular project reports (e.g. reports to a donor)
- data provided by the providers of protection services (e.g. number of people served)
- monitoring data (e.g. attendance sheets, distribution lists)
- results of KAP surveys
The indicator’s value includes all the people who received some type of protection support provided by the project (i.e. do not automatically use the originally planned number of direct beneficiaries – use the actual number of people that were supported).
Disaggregate the data by gender and the type of support people received.
1) Ensure that you avoid double counting – always count the same people only once, irrespective of how many types of protection support they received.
2) Do not include in the calculation the number of indirect beneficiaries – focus only on those who directly received support as a result of the project activities.