Actual Number of Direct Beneficiaries
English: number of people directly supported through SGBV programming
Français: to be added later
Español: to be added later
Português: to be added later
What is its purpose?
The indicator measures the actual number of people who were supported by the project’s SGBV programming (i.e. the direct beneficiaries). This indicator shows the scale of the provided assistance.
How to Collect and Analyse the Required Data
Determine the indicator’s value by reviewing the following sources:
- Regular project reports (e.g. reports to a donor)
- Data provided by the providers of relevant services
- Monitoring data (e.g. attendance sheets, distribution lists)
- Results of KAP surveys
The indicator’s value includes all the people who received some type of SGBV-related support provided by the project (i.e. do not automatically use the originally planned number of direct beneficiaries – use the actual number of people that were supported).
Disaggregate the data by gender and the type of support people received.
1) Ensure that you avoid double counting – always count the same people only once, irrespective of how many types of SGBV support they received.
2) Do not include in the calculation the number of indirect beneficiaries – focus only on those who directly received support as a result of the project activities.