English: number of target group members aware of the promoted hygiene practices
Français: to be added later
Español: to be added later
Português: to be added later
What is its purpose?
to be added later
How to Collect and Analyse the Required Data
Determine the indicator's value by using the following methodology:
1) Define a limited number (3 - 7) of the key hygiene practices that will be / were promoted by the project.
2) Define how many of these hygiene practices a target group member needs to be aware of to be considered as “aware of the promoted hygiene practices”. For example, at least 4 out of 6 practices.
3) Prepare a series of questions assessing the extent to which the target group members are aware of the hygiene practices. As much as possible, use indirect questions, such as:
- Can you please tell me how a person can prevent getting diarrhoea? Please mention all the options you know.
- Can you please tell me all the key moments when a person should wash her/his hands with water and soap?
- Can you please tell me how a person can protect prepared food against getting spoiled? Please mention all the options you know.
- (A question for female respondents only) Can you please tell me what women can do to protect their health and feel comfortable during their period?
Instruct the data collectors to keep probing (in a neutral way) to ensure that the respondent recalls as many practices as possible: “What other practices do you know?” or “What other practice comes to mind?”
4) Conduct interviews with a representative sample of the target group members, asking them the questions defined in point 3.
5) Count the number of respondents aware of the minimum number of promoted hygiene practices (see point 2).
6) To calculate the indicator’s value:
- Divide the number of surveyed respondents that were aware of the minimum number of promoted hygiene practices by the total number of respondents
- Multiply the resulting number by 100 to convert it to a percentage
- Multiply the percentage by the total number of the target households
- The result is the total number of the target group members aware of the minimum number of promoted hygiene practices
Disaggregate the data by gender and by the types of hygiene practices the respondents were aware of.
to be added later